Saturday, February 2, 2008

First update


HI frieds and family:


We finally decide to join the club of bloggers and create one. Life is OK. Our family is healthy (finally after a month of scarlet fever and flu) and getting adapted to our new surroundings. We have lived in Spain for three months now. We are getting used to the new culture and the rapid lifestyle of a metropolitan city. It has taken me a while to get used to moving around with the kids without a car, jumping in and out of busses and metro lines (including going up and down the stairs inside the metro stations while carrying a stroller without any help). Hey, I am building a tough shell :). Xan started school , and he is loving it. He has a little friend from church (Isaac) in his class who speaks English. I think it is helping him inmensely. He is at school from 9 to 2 pm every day. Here in Spain, kids start school at age three and usually attend from 9 to 4 pm . This is harder for me than it is for him. He loves school and it is helping him to learn Spanish a lot faster than staying at home with me. Sadly, I have been a lousy Spanish teacher for my kids. I should repent and try harder. Oh, well I try to remind myself that we are only living here for a year and that this is a great experience for all of us. Tiaguito misses his brother during the day, and he is so excited to be with him in the afternoons. They are playing so much nicer. Tiago has grown so much and is so much fun to be with. I love spending time with him. He has a very determine mind and loves doing things his way, loves to sing, loves Mr. Incredible and loves to imitate Xan.

York is doing great at school. He is in his second period of classes and is working very hard to get good grades and find an intership. We don't see him much during the week since he is so busy. So I love weekend when we can spend time together and I can get a break. He is loving his experience at IE mingling with amazing people from all over the world. It has definitely been a great exposure for all of us!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Scarlet fever? Oh my, I'm glad to hear everyone got over it well.